Brighton

I left a piece of myself here 
this place holds me to ransom for it
I need to physically come back to find it
I need to return to appease my soul
although time softens the memories 
whatever this place has become
where-ever I have moved on to
I must come back here!

then
...when I do come back
when I am here
places summon memories
recollections long burried
memories from deep within
once thought lost
return to me
and then...
then street names have meanings 
faces recognise my face
thirty 
fourty years disappear
and I seem to belong again

I drift back
and find connections with these streets
these buildings
this place
this feeling somehow becomes mine
I reminiscence on things I did
things I was!

There is a piece of me here
...I have a history with this place they call... 
Brighton


No comments: