There's 'ONE' Poem within Me

There's one poem within me that just won't swing,
I always hear it when that "Irish Band" sing,
about 'Love' and 'One' and 'not being to blame',
'One' and 'Love that is not the same'.
And this poem within me that just won't swing,
when 'thingy' and 'wots-his-name' start to sing,
taps at my conscience,
plays with my mind,
but the words of this poem I just can't find.
And then the track ends and I briefly touch,
that poem within me that I want so much,
but the poem within me that will not ping,
the one that I hear when that "Dublin Band" sing,
drifts away as the last note plays,
what I had of it's gone, gone into the haze.
And there it will stay, not a poem for today,
that poem in my head that just won't play.
That poem I hear when that 'Live Aid' band sing,
that poem within me that just won't swing.
Maybe we're one; that poem and song,
maybe that's where I've been going wrong.
Maybe we're one; but we're not the same,
maybe the song really isn't to blame.
Maybe they're one but not the same
And so carry each other the poem and the song,
that tempo, the rhythm, carrying on.

There's a poem within me that just won't swing
I always hear it when "U2" sing.
"One" they're maybe both the same!
I can only think, "U2" are to blame!





No comments: