They've Gone and Knocked Down my Old Primary School

They've gone and knocked down my old primary school!
The place I learnt of girls,
and kissing,
and maybe love!
The place that I was always picked last for football in the playground,
Knocked it down they have!

They've gone and knocked my old primary school!
The place I was taught the trumpet in a cupboard,
and I learnt my first Beatles song.
Knocked it down they have.

We devised other uses for P.E. mats in the P.E. cupboard,
I'll leave it to you to work out what
and our working day ended at four.
We learnt to undo girls bra-straps,
had afternoon breaks and our lunches served on trays.
Knocked it down they have.

They've gone and knocked down my old primary school and built houses instead!
People will be living on the place where I made my first mates,
Acquired my first girl-friend,
...had my first snog.
Knocked it down they have.

They've gone and knocked down my old primary school,
where names I remember,
and things that I did are now in ruins.
Deborah Sharrock and Vanessa Lamden,
The Sculfer twins and Gary Rogers.
Where are you now?
Do you know that they have knocked down our first primary school?
Do you even care!

Did I tell you?
They've gone and knocked down my old primary school,
and I simply;
...don't think;
...that that's fair!

No comments: