To Say In My Defense

Am I standing still whilst the world whizzes by
is the sky coming with me for the ride 
do the birds as they pass, simply paint  the clouds - alas 
...are the raindrops simply tears from someones eye

does that sound like the truth - or  sound like a lie
what does the branch that taps my window want to know
will I ever understand, this Magpie in my hand
and will the noise of passing trains ever die 

How do I stop, a dripping tap, filling up my shoe
and where do bubbles go to when they burst
a frog hoping by, said they went into his eye
and I said that's a shame and just won't do 

Does any of what you've read make the slightest bit of sense 
If it does, then you're twice as mad as I
or perhaps it could be me, 
and madness will be my plee
the magpie 
said to say 
in my defense - yes it did!










No comments: