I Would

I can't write fully about cancer - because I've never had it
I can't imagine living in a war zone - because I've never had to 
and my bones have never been broken 
unlike my heart

I can't write about loosing a child - because I've never lost one
I can't imagine what it's like to be homeless -  because I've never had to live out on the streets 
and my life has never been turned upside down
unlike some.

I've never had a boundless hate for someone or something 
I've never been without someone to love or who loves me 
I've never been right to the edge and wanted to take one more step
I love the dark and the calm it brings me.

I can't write about a life after death because I don't think there is one
I can't write about being unhappy...
because I'm not
but - I'm a poet
and if I was...

I would

No comments: