Now My Summers Gone

It is the autumn of my life - my finale.
From skudding clouds the raindrops fall
grey, so grey no clouds at all, - nor sky,
just clouds of leaves, summers thieves -
fly by.
The call of winter's strong,
my summer's now long gone.

Days weeks and months drift by - unnoticed.
The hands of time spin so fast,
time once mine no more will last - akin to,
grains of sand through fingers; land - I knew.
The memories of my spring,
still make my heart sing!

People places times now gone - fading.
Remember the warmth that touched my face
my world ran at a different pace - with choices,
a purposeful stride, troubles pushed aside - those voices.
Say go and find out more
there's a whole world out there to explore!

I grew in mind body and soul - empowered.
Discovering the world; and there did meet
a soul to make my life complete - the one,
that someone who, would help me through - I won.
A life together spent
a soul that heaven sent.

It is time to look back - reflect.
I sit with autumn scattered 'round
its golden cloak covers the ground - now sleep.
I have achieved, all that I believed - I'd reap.
My soul can move on
now my summers gone.




No comments: