In Front Of Me

Hear the morning shadows pass the window of your sleeping 
see your breathing lighten by the glowing crescent moon 
as if a lonely heart was just broken into pieces
that couldn't understand why the world would end so soon
it wasn't like the dream I'd had before I woke up finally,
the one in which my tears upon the floor were many strewn 

We had nothing left in common but the gloomy autumn weather
I could see the good times leaving; now were many miles away
despite the remorseless march of the hand upon the clock face
despite the fact that time just wouldn't stay

I think you need to see it through your bright reflective glasses
you wouldn't know what's meant; if I sat it on your knee
If you held it on your hand; you might see that it was broken
broken upon the floor in front of me.


No comments: