In The Mind Of a Four Year Old (Daaad!)

(Think): Where's Dad? 
"Daaad!
...what's for tea?"
 (Think): I need a wee!
No I don't need a wee!
"I'm hungry,
and I'm thirsty!
Daaad! 
I'm hungry."
(Think): Why won't he give me a drink?
How does he know I'm not thirsty?
"I want a drink!"

(Think): Where's my dolly?
That's nice!
I want one of those! 
Why can't I have one of those? 
"Daaad!
I want one of those!"
(Think): Why won't Dad let me have one of those?
I want pink one!
A big pink one!

(Think): Why is that there?
Isn't that butterfly pretty! 
I wonder where that butterfly is going? 
Maybe I should run after it!
I think I'll run after it!
Why can't I fly like a butterfly?
It's gone into the garden...
Isn't this fun!

(Think): I've got nice hair!
We've got Smarties in the kitchen.
Mum bought Smarties.
I like Smarties,
where's Dad? 
Dad always gives me Smarties...
"Daaad!
I want Smarties!
I like the pink ones,
they taste the best!"

(Think): What's on telly?
We haven't got a dog!
Why haven't we got a dog?
"Daaad
I want a dog! 
Daaad, please...
I want a dog!"
(Think): I think he's going to let me have a dog!

"Ah Daaad!
Why can't I eat that now?
It's not too hot!
You can have some too!"
(Think): Why can't I have any of that when it's hot?
I won't make a mess!
Why does he think I'll make a mess?

(Think): My dress is pink.
I'll play 'peek-a-boo' with Dad in my pink dress.
Dad likes playing 'peek-a-boo!'
"Daaad
play 'peek-a-boo' with me!
What's for tea?
I want to play with your mobile!"

(Think): When's tea time?
Why must we go out in the car again?
"Daaad!
Why are we going out in the car?"
(Think): No I don't need a wee,
"Daaad!
I don't need a wee!
Where are we going?

Daaad!
Why are we going out again?"

"Daaad...

...I think I need a wee!"




No comments: